Hello lovely readers. While there are one-million topics I would love to discuss on this blog, unfortunately, I have neither the time to, or the expertise on many of the topics I would want to cover. Luckily, there are people out there that do. To make it easier for you to find them, I have begun compiling lists of several websites for your viewing and learning pleasure.
Nothing in life is given to you, especially when you're a black woman.We must work harder at presenting ourselves as high-quality women and re-shape how we are perceived. We must no longer play into stereotypes such as the mammy, the hip-hop video vixen, the Jezebel, the angry black woman (Tyler Perry's favourite) , the independent black woman, the black woman that don't need no man because she has G.O.D.
A lot is said about the black community and how it oppresses black women, and rightly so, because it does. Equally however, black women can also be their own worst enemy.
- Stop spending your money on overly priced clothes when you barely have the money to pay the bills.
- Stop wasting your time watching trash TV. In fact, unless it is an educational program, don't watch the TV at all.
- Stop being a sister solider for DBR men and stop socialising with DBR women.
- Stop hanging around ghetto-hole places where DBR men prey on desperate women.
- Stop depending on government support and do all you can to get out of the 'hood'.
- Stop financially supporting institutions like the black church and the hip-hop community that degrade you and play you like a fool.
- Stop being a money, sex and child mule for DBR black men who want nothing more than to use you.
- Stop hanging around individuals that bring you down and install negative thoughts into your mind.
START FOCUSING AND INVESTING IN YOU!
Imagine you are a craftsman chipping, polishing and shining yourself into a new and beautiful diamond. It's not going to be easy, but it will be worth it. I will be doing more blog posts on self-improvement in the coming weeks, stay tuned.
My learning resources
My list of free audio resources